Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wife says, "Sell the boat." Boat for Sale, Make Offer.

You may notice the declining asking price for my fine vessel.  So far, my asking prices have not been much of a conversation starter.  How about this?  If you're interested in owning this boat -
  • review the information that I've provided
  • email me any questions I haven't answered already (send your phone number if you'd prefer to talk)
  • decide if you would enjoy taking her on
  • think about a purchase price that seems fair to you
  • make an offer at your price and let's see what happens
Why am I selling?  I can see over the hill.  In fact, I'm sneaking up on 50.  For quite some time now, I've had a target of possessing very few things by the time I'm 50, holding an idealized vision of me, my wife, a pair of backpacks and some proper hiking boots.  The boat has been fun and good, but it won't fit in a backpack.  That's essentially it.

You've seen that I'm quite proud of her, and you can read stories in this blog about the work that I've done.  She comes with a lot of inventory that I'll start listing out and tossing in some pictures.  There are an awful lot of new things in good condition.

Fear of the unknown can often keep us from getting into what we think might be a challenging situation.  Everything I've needed to know for the rebuild work, sailing, seamanship, etc. has been available in the documentation I've acquired, in advice from friends, and from just going for it.

Reference Materials - 1 seamanship book, 2 project guide books, 1 3-ring binder with manuals and product documentation for all of the new stuff and a lot of the old stuff on the boat, including Universal Diesel manual, replacement parts, cross-reference to cheaper Kubota diesel parts ("garden" < "marine" :-), etc., etc., etc.




A box of stuff in my garage - Right, so pix of this stuff below.  Very exciting.

AC space heater, a few engine parts, inverter, carbon monoxide detector, VHF radio (works fine)


12 new LED and halogen lights (some are on the boat),

Blue Sea electrical components (fuse block, 4 12-Volt DC Sockets, 120 Amp automatic charging relay, etc.  All of the DC Panel components are Blue Sea - very fancy and way overboard.

Whatever's left of this Marine 14 AWG sheathed wire - 
I've used the rest of it to power the running lights and other such things

AC components for AC panel on boat

miscellaneous hardware, mostly detritus, but some useful pieces

home made (actually, I made them at community ed night sewing class) window covers with white Sunbrella on outside, organic cotton patterned fabric on inside

 Moeller oil pump - makes oil changes downright easy and mess free


No comments: