Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sanding Again

Saturday morning after eight and a dense fog advisory until nine. I'm warm and comfy in the boat and thinking about my impending state. Yes, that's right, I'm about to moonsuit up and sand the bottom, the boot stripe, and the cabintop stripe. Yippee. Plan is for Chica and me to come back up over new year's weekend ostensibly to roll on four coats of barrier coat, one coat of bottom paint, and as many coats of boot stripe as we can. Of course, it is widely known that our timing coincides with the rat island oyster roast, so you can find us there, too. Chica doesn't know it yet, but we'll probably get to painting the name on the transom. Progress...

As Kevin famously notes, "I'd rather suck an egg out of a chicken's ass than moonsuit up and sand the bottom of a boat." I'll second that and note that I would rather have #14 tooth ground to a stump and have a crown put on than manage an IT project using SAP Project System and comply with CMMI requirements. This should go a long way toward an explanation of why I'll find myself enjoying bottom sanding.

It's still foggy and wet out there. I've run out of things I can stand to type on this here touchscreen. Sorry about the auto-de-formatting that gets applied to the text (fixed, no longer sorry). Off to gear up.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Now Chica knows it... ;)